As you are well aware the WHO has declared COVID-19 a pandemic. We at Left Coast Health would like to share some of the facts about the virus as well as discuss the role we can all play in limiting its impact on our community.
Symptoms of human coronaviruses may be very mild or more serious, such as:
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus.
Coronaviruses are most commonly spread from an infected person through:
• respiratory droplets when you cough or sneeze
• close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
• touching something with the virus on it, then touching your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands
• These viruses are not known to spread through ventilation systems or through water.
The best way to prevent the spread of infections is to:
• wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
• avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands;
• avoid close contact with people who are sick;
• cough and sneeze into your sleeve and not your hands; and
• stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms the Canadian Government is recommending that you stay home until you are symptom free. This applies to your appointments with us at Left Coast Health. If you are sick please cancel your appointment, stay home and get better! Thank you for playing your part in minimizing the impact of this virus on our community.
If you are unsure about your symptoms and would like help please call the public health authority at 8-1-1.
The Left Coast Health Team.